If you are looking for a way to add a bit of pizazz to your kitchen, then you may want to think about investing in an LED plinth lighting kit. Kitchen plinth lights or kick board lights as they are also called can add both warmth to drama to your kitchen. Plinth spotlights are normally placed in the kick boards of your kitchen cabinets, but they can also be placed completely around the kitchen in the base boards of the room as well as below the upper cabinets to provide counter top lighting.
Normally Kitchen plinth lights are not placed singly, but are placed several in a row to provide the type of lighting you want, which is why a LED plinth lighting kit comes in so handy. These kits normally come with 6 or 9 lights sold together with everything you need to install the lights.
Plinth spotlights can serve as low level night lights for kitchen making it easy to raid the refrigerator in the middle of the night. They also add character to your kitchen while drawing attention to your attractive kitchen flooring.
Not Just For Kitchens
Plinth spotlights are not just for kitchens. They can also be used around the base boards of your bathroom or even a family room. In addition, when placed around a solid bed frame these lights can create a romantic mood for your bedroom.
Plinth lights need to be hard wired into your 110/240 electric main so it is recommended that the installation of these lights should be left to a professional electrician who is trained to wire lights.
Benefits of LED Plinth Lighting Kits
A LED plinth lighting kit offers several benefits to those who want to have plinth lights installed in their homes. These benefits include:
- Plinth lighting kits are cheaper than purchasing these lights one at time saving you money on the overall cost of having these lights installed.
- A LED plinth lighting kit comes with everything you need to install the lights making these kits convenient to buy and have installed. LED lights are quite affordable. Although they do cost a bit more than more traditional lighting the energy you save running these lights will over time more than make up for the the slightly higher initial cost.
- LED plinth spotlights are energy efficient. If you want to install plinth lighting, then installing LED plinth lights can save you money on your energy bill since these lights only use between 50% and 80% of what more traditional lighting will cost you to run.
- LED kitchen plinth lights are long lasting- These lights can last you 20,000 hours or more, which means they are capable of providing you years of maintenance free lighting without needing to be changed.
- LED plinth spotlights don’t contain any toxic elements, which makes you and your family feel safer in case one of these lights happen to break.
- LED lighting is environmentally friendly. These lights are not only energy efficient, they also require no light bulbs nor do they give off any excess heat. In addition, LED plinth lights are 100% recyclable.