A Linear light fixture is normally a surface mounted downlight that are long straight bars of lights. Linear light fixtures are placed in areas where you want a downward spotlight effect to highlight a specific area or areas of your room. Using these ceiling light fixtures strategically can provide an extra layer of lighting to your home.
A Linear light fixture can be placed over a bathroom or bedroom mirror, over a dining room table, kitchen island, pool table, a piece of art work and other spaces, where you want a brighter, yet warm light.
Why Choose a Surface Mounted Downlight Instead of a Recessed Downlight?
With recessed downlights being so popular, you may be wondering why anyone would choose a surface mounted linear light fixture instead of a recessed ceiling light fixture. Actually, there may be a couple of reasons why people would choose a surface mounted downlight.
- The ceiling is solid making it impossible to placed a recessed light fixture into the ceiling.
- If you are adding ceiling light fixtures to a pre-existing room, surface linear light fixtures are cheaper to install than recessed lighting fixtures.
- It isn’t always possible to place recessed lights exactly where you want the light to be to highlight the area you want or need highlighted.
- Surface mounted linear light fixtures can also be used to add to your home’s décor since the light fixture itself is clearly visible.
Here at Ultra Beam Lighting we have a small selection of surface mounted Linear light fixtures for you to choose from. Our Linear lights are ultra modern and most feature a brushed aluminium finish. Our high quality ceiling light features are designed to make any room in your home look great and all of our lights use the latest LED technology. Our LED Linear Lights offer the following benefits.
- Our lights are extremely energy efficient requiring far less power than standard lights. In addition our LED lights don’t give off excess heat, so they won’t cause you to have to run your air conditioner as long to keep your home cool.
- Our lights are better for the environment. LED lights don’t give off CO2 like standard lights do, they also completely recyclable.
- Our LED lights require less maintenance that standard lights. Our light bulbs last for 20000 hours, which is 20 times longer than traditional light bulbs, which means they don’t need to be changed as often.
- Our modern designs look great in both homes and businesses.
When choosing to have one or more linear light fixtures installed in your home make sure that the installation is done by a professional electrician.
If you are looking for a high quality linear light fixture for your home then why not spend a few minutes browsing our website. If you are looking to purchase one or more of our downlights then give us a call at 0800-678-5156 and we will be happy to serve you.