In modern homes, recessed lighting is one of the most sought-after types of indoor illumination. The style that they provide paired with the span of light they shine is something that adds visual appeal while making the space easier to navigate at the same time. Even so, recessed lighting is not something every ceiling is equipped to handle. Fortunately, a surface downlight can provide a similar effect without the need to remodel anything.
What Are Surface Mounted LED Downlights?
Ceiling surface downlighter fixtures are lights that attach directly onto the ceiling itself, providing a similar functionality to recessed lighting while enhancing the overall appearance of the room at the same time. They are commonly used in both domestic and commercial situations, including in the hospitality industry, for their convenience and their style.
How Can You Choose the Best Surface Downlight for Your Space?
Much like with any other furnishing or fixture in your home, not every single surface-mounted downlight available is going to be appropriate for every space. There are certain things to consider before choosing the one that best suits your home in order to ensure that you are satisfied with the finished product once it is installed on your ceiling.
- SHAPE. Given that the main purpose of a surface downlight is to provide you with visuals that mimic that of a recessed light fixture, the appearance will typically be the first thing to take into account. These lights come in a variety of shapes and sizes, from gentle, rounded fixtures to geometric, heavily contemporary options.
- COLOUR AND FINISH. Once you’ve decided on the shape, you can begin to think about which colour is appropriate for your space with options typically including white, black or silver finishes.
- DURABILITY. Most downlights are crafted out of premium metal such as aluminium, but some go the extra step to ensure their resistance to damage. Be sure to look for lights that have a CE mark that is appropriate for long-term indoor use in order to get the most out of your money.
- LIFESPAN OF THE LED’s. Have a look at the bulbs that are used in each light and get an idea for how long they are meant to last. Typically, they offer lifespans over 20,000 hours.
- COMMERCIAL OR DOMESTIC. While many ceiling surface downlighter fixtures are ready to be used both at home and in hospitality industries, it is important to have a look and see if they are appropriate for the sort of usage you’re hoping to get out of them.
An LED surface downlight makes the perfect substitute for recessed lighting in places where you cannot install actual recessed lighting. With so many different styles and shapes of downlights, you are sure to find what you are looking for, especially if you shop our site. We offer surface downlights that you won’t find anywhere else in the United Kingdom, ensuring the uniqueness and authenticity of your indoor living space.