Today’s interior lighting comes in many different styles and forms with modern pendant lighting replacing those old style hanging ceiling lights that were popular in your parents or grandparents day.
What is Modern Pendant Lighting
Pendant lighting is lighting that hangs from the ceiling either by one or more cords or chains. These lights can have a single or multiple light heads that disperse and focus light. Pendant lights look great hanging over a kitchen island, dining room table, or hanging over individual tables in restaurants. Pendant lights can also be used over a work table on either side of the bed in the bedroom. Pendant lights can also be used in an entry way or even a hallway.
Pendant lights are increasing in popularity because they come in so many different shapes, sizes, styles and colours and take up less space than floor or table lamps. This makes pendant lights extremely versatile.
You can get pendant lights with solid shades or with clear glass shades that gleam like jewels. Some pendant lights look like art work in and of themselves.
LED interior lighting is becoming increasingly popular and today’s pendant lights are no exception. Here are a few of the reasons why shoppers today choose LED pendant lighting over other types of hanging lights.
Why People Choose LED Modern Pendant Lighting
- LED pendant lights are long-lasting and require no light bulbs, so you won’t have to use a step stool to frequently change light bulbs like you need to do with more traditional lighting options. This means that these lights require less maintenance and that you have a reduced risk of falling and suffering an injury.
- LED pendant lighting is energy efficient. With little wasted energy LED lighting is about 80% more efficient than those traditional lighting options. This results in savings on your energy bill and less demand on local power facilities.
- LED lighting does not give off excess heat. Traditional lighting options give off heat as waste when the lights are on, during warmer summer months this may require you to up your air conditioning to provide a comfortable living environment.
- LED interior lighting does not give off an UV rays nor do they contain any toxic elements.
- LED hanging lights are less harmful to the environment. These lights do not use light bulbs that end up in landfills, nor do they contribute to global warming or greenhouse gases and best of all they are 100% recyclable.
- LED lights are affordable. While the initial cost of a modern pendant light is slightly higher than more traditional lighting options the fact, that you don’t have to buy any light bulbs for these lights and they can save you money on your energy bill makes these lights as affordable if not more so than more traditional lighting options.
Please make sure that you have your LED modern pendant lighting installed by a license electrician since these lights need to be hard wired into your 240 volt electric main.