Island pendant lights – The kitchen is a busy room that has plenty of opportunities for extra lighting that often is overlooked. Kitchens typically have ceiling lights that cast general illumination around the room, as well as lights over the stove top. There are ways to bring light to every corner of the space, however, including options such as kitchen plinth lighting and island pendant lights.
Island pendant lights can illumination the island where you prepare food with greater ease. Instead of relying on the ceiling lights to provide enough illumination, LED pendant lighting directly over the island or breakfast bar can make using the area more comfortable and efficient. Kitchen pendant lighting for this purpose is just as diverse as any other type of lighting and can improve the overall atmosphere of the room.
Pendant Light Styles
- This style of fixture is particularly well suited for modern kitchens. Geometric shapes have distinct lines and angles that add to the contemporary appearance.
- Round lights still offer a contemporary appearance while giving a more transitional effect to the space.
- When multiple geometric lights combine for a honeycomb effect, the result adds the perfect artistic finishing touch to the space.
- EXPOSED BULBS. Most types of light fixtures can be paired with exposed bulbs for a smart choice for kitchens or any other location that has an industrial modern feel.
How To Choose the Best Island Pendant Lights
There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing your new pendant lights. Some of these points are as follows:
- Take advantage of the ability of pendant lights to elevate the look and feel of your kitchen to especially illuminate food prep and dining areas where everyone seems to gather. Pendant lights are made in a seemingly infinite assortment of shapes to choose from to suit the appearance of your modern space.
- In order to ensure the lights last as long as possible, you should choose ones made of long-lasting materials. Steel and aluminium often make the best choices in these situations.
- The finish of the light can also make a difference in the appearance of the space. Pendant lights come in various finishes that can easily be incorporated into any style of kitchen you may have.
- Since the primary function of a light fixture is to illuminate a space, the actual light it emits is also important. When considering a fixture, think about choosing a light with a 3000k warm white colour temperature. This colour of light is gentle on the eyes and matches most existing light fixtures already in the space.
Kitchen island pendant lights go a long way toward making your kitchen a more comfortable place to navigate. There are many different styles of island pendant lights to choose from, so you can pick the one that best suits your space. Above, we have outlined a few different shape options for LED pendant lighting. We also offered a quick buying guide that should make the process of picking lighting a simpler one. Keep this article handy when browsing our kitchen pendant lighting in order to more efficiently choose your new light.