Modern black outdoor lighting – Outdoor wall lighting is important if you want an outdoor living space that is comfortable for you and your guests. This type of lighting is also crucial when it comes to making it a safer place to navigate at night. In this article, we’ll help you decide which light is best for you.
Following is a buying guide that you can take into consideration when shopping for your new light:
How To Choose the Best Outdoor Wall Lights
- WALL WASHING OR NON-WALL WASHING. Wall washing lights shine a light up and down, side to side or both along the walls they are placed on. This creates a bolder and more artistic effect that could elevate the appearance of your outdoor space.
- Once you’ve decided whether or not you want a wall washing effect, you can choose the shape of the light itself. Lights come in a variety of styles, most commonly circular, square-shaped or spotlights. You can choose the style based on the overall appearance of your modern black outdoor lighting.
- In the same vein, the finish of the light plays a big role in the overall appearance of the light. While there are a number of finish types, modern black outdoor lighting fixtures are a common choice. Modern black outdoor lighting is particularly popular for a few reasons. The main ones are owed to its sleek look and neutral hue, which can work well with any exterior paint colour you may have.
- In order to ensure the light fitting lasts as long as possible, you should choose one that is manufactured out of premium materials. Metal is a common choice for this. Of the various metals, aluminium is quite popular. This is due not only to its hard-wearing nature but also its ability to resist signs of wear and tear.
- IP RATING. Because your light fixture is going to be outdoors, it is important to take the weather into account. Even if the light will be sheltered or partially sheltered, such as by an awning, it is still exposed to moisture. For this reason, it is important to choose a light with a water-resistant or waterproof IP rating.
- The main point of the light is to provide illumination, so this should be considered as well. If you don’t want to have blinding lights outdoors, choosing a light with a 3000k warm colour temperature is a good idea. It is not only gentle on the eyes but is rather standard, so it will match most any other light you may have.
Outdoor wall lights can go a long way toward creating a more comfortable outdoor living space for you to enjoy. There are many different types of LED garden wall lights to choose from, so you are sure to find one to suit your space. In this article, we’ve provided a brief buying guide to make the shopping process a simpler one. Revisit this article when browsing our collection of outdoor lighting to make your decision easier.