Exterior lighting serves a number of difference purposes around you home, but perhaps the most popular of all the uses of outdoor wall lights is when they are used for LED porch light or door lights. You can place one of these lights on one or both sides of your door as well as near your carriage house or garage door and near the door of your tool shade.
Benefits of Porch Lights in General
Porch lights offer some real benefits for you home and family. Some of these benefits include:
- Porch lights provide a warm welcome to guest coming to your home after dark.
- Exterior lighting for your porch makes it easier to unlock your door in the dark
- Outdoor wall lights provide an added margin of safety since you can see to climb your porch steps and spot any objects you might otherwise trip over.
- Porch lights may help prevent burglars and vandals from targeting your home. People who are committing criminal acts prefer to do under the cover the darkness. Having a light near your home may make certain types of criminals avoid trying any criminal acts involving your home.
LED porch lights are becoming an extremely popular choice for people looking for outdoor wall lights. Here is a look at how LED exterior lighting compares to more traditional lighting options.
- LED Lighting is More Durable- LED lights can stand up to colder temperatures, so these lights are less likely to explode when the temperatures drop or when a flake of snow or drop of cold rain hits the light.
- LED Porch Light fittings are Longer Lasting- LED lights last about 6 times longer than traditional lighting saving you time and money since you don’t have to continually change light bulbs.
- LED Lights Are More Energy Efficient- LED porch lights are about 80% more efficient than more traditional lighting. This reduces the demand on power companies. This means that you can save on your energy bills.
- LED Outdoor Wall Lights Are Low Maintenance- LED lighting does not use light bulbs that need to be constantly changed so they take far less work to maintain than those traditional lighting sources.
- LED lighting Does Not Contain Any Toxic Elements-Unlike florescent lighting that contains mercury, LED exterior lighting does not contain any toxic elements.
- LED Lighting is Environmentally Friendly- LED porch light fixtures are environmentally friendly since they don’t give off excess heat to add to global warming and the lights themselves are 100% recyclable.
As you can see LED porch lighting has the same benefits as more traditional lighting along with several other important benefits that traditional lighting options do not have. You do need to keep in mind that LED lights need to be hard wired directly into your 240 volt electric main requiring installation of these lights to be performed by a qualified licensed electrician.