Outdoor LED spotlights can add curb appeals, safety and convenience and beauty to any home or business. Here are a few ways in which Exterior downlights are used.
One of the most common ways Outdoor LED spotlights are used for is as soffit lights. Placing these downlights around the soffit of your building will highlight your siding and any garden beds that are planted along the parameter of your building.
In addition, these lights provide an extra margin of safety to your home or business by providing lighting around the parameter of your building during the night time hours by helping to keep thieves and vandals at bay.
Over Head Lighting for Gazebos and Arbors
Outdoor LED spotlights placed in the ceilings of gazebos and arbors can provide soft light that can extend the usefulness of these places since you can spend time in them after dark. They can also add curb appeal to your home or business by lighting up these features and making them more noticeable.
Roofed Patios or Decks
Outdoor LED spotlights placed in the roof of a patio or deck can allow you to enjoy these outdoor living spaces for longer periods of time during the warm weather by allowing your to use these spaces after dark. This makes your patio or deck a more useful outdoor living area.
LED Outdoor Spotlights Offer You Several Benefits
When choosing exterior soffit lights more and more people are choosing LED exterior downlights due to the various benefits these lights offer. Some of these benefits include:
- Energy Efficient- LED lights are extremely energy efficient since these lights only use between 50% and 80% of the energy needed to run more traditional lighting. This can save you some money on your energy bill.
- Long-Lasting- LED lighting is incredibly long lasting with some of these lights lasting anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 hours. These lights can last 3 to 10 years or more without ever having to be changed.
- Less Damaging to the Environment- Outdoor LED spotlights are less damaging to the environment than other types of lighting. These lights do not contain any toxic elements like can be found in fluorescent lighting, they do not give excess heat like more traditional lighting does so LED lights won’t add to global warming, Their energy efficiency reduces the demand on local utility companies, and these lights are 100% recyclable.
- LED lights are low maintenance- Since these lights have no light bulbs to change they require very little maintenance. This also means that this lights provide more safety since you won’t have to climb on a ladder to change a light bulb every few weeks.
- LED lighting is affordable- Outdoor LED spotlights are very affordable. These lights may cost a little more initially than more traditional lighting, but since you don’t have to continually buy light bulbs and these types of lights can reduce your energy bills these lights more than make up for the initial cost in the long run.