Wall mounted bed lamps have become an increasingly popular form of reading bed lamp used in both home and hotel bedrooms across the UK. Wall mounted bed lights can be mounted beside the bed or over the headboard and are great for providing light just where you need it for sitting up and reading in bed.
Why Use a Bed Lamp at Night
Having a reading bed lamp is convenient and makes for comfortable reading while helping prevent eye strain because the light falls over the shoulder onto the pages of the book just where you need the light the most.
More and more customers are choosing LED reading lights over other types of reading lights for a number of different reasons including:
- LED Reading Lights Are Modern and Attractive- For starters, people like the looks of LED reading lights since these bed lamps are ultra modern and very attractive. They look great in just about any style of bedroom and any type of home or hotel décor.
- Energy Efficient- LED lighting is incredibly energy efficient using only about 50% of the energy needed to run more traditional types of lighting. This means that you can save money on your energy bill when you use LED lighting throughout your home or business.
- Long-Lasting- LED reading bed lamps are long lasting. One of these lights can last anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 hours or more depending the light and the company that manufactures them. Since LED lights require no light bulbs this means that your light last can last several years without ever needing any maintenance work other than the occasional dusting of the lamp fixture.
- LED Lighting Does Not Burn Out- Unlike more traditional lighting that use filaments, LED lights don’t suddenly burn out. Instead overtime they simply grow dimmer and dimmer giving you plenty of warning that it time to change lights.
- NO UV Rays and NO Toxic Elements- Unlike other types of lighting, LED lighting does not give off any UV rays so you don’t have to worry about these lights fading your wall paper or your comforter. In addition, unlike some traditional lighting LED lights do not contain any toxic elements making them safer to use for both you and the environment.
- Environmentally Friendly- LED lighting is extremely environmentally friendly. This type of lighting not only is energy efficient reducing the demand for energy, they also don’t produce excess heat in the form of wasted energy so they don’t add to global warming. There are no light bulbs to be thrown into local landfills and LED lights are 100% recyclable.
- Affordable- Best of all LED lighting is affordable. While these lights do cost slightly more than more traditional lighting options, they more than make up for the slightly higher initial cost with the energy savings and the fact that you never to purchase any light bulbs.
Keep in mind that LED lighting needs to be hard wired into your 240 electric main and wiring should be done by a licensed electrician.