Once upon a time having lights over bed was practically unheard of, but today many homes and hotel rooms have LED reading lights over their bed as part of their bedroom lighting. Having one or more reading lights over the bed allows people to enjoy reading in comfort before falling asleep for the night.
Wall mounted LED reading lights come in a variety of different style. There are single lights as well as recessed reading lights and even lights with two adjustable necks and heads so that one beam of light can be focused on each side of the bed.
All LED lights over bed are adjustable allowing readers to focus their beam of light exactly where they would like it to be, which is on the pages of the book or paper they are reading. Why are people choosing LED bedroom lighting over more traditional types of lighting? Here are just a few of the reasons why LED lights over the bed are a popular choice.
- Saves Energy- LED lighting is 80% more efficient than more traditional lighting choices. In addition, these lights also waste less of the energy they draw resulting in you using less energy when using LED lighting, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Long-Lasting- LED lights are long-lasting. These lights last approximately 6 times longer than more traditional lighting. With LED lighting capable of providing anywhere from 20,000 and 70,000 hours of light which when used for 8 hours a day or less can last anywhere from 3 to 10 years.
- LED Reading Lights Do Not Emit UV Rays- UV rays can fade your wall paper or the fabric of your bedspread so having a light that does not emit any UV rays can help make your wall paper and colorful bedding last longer.
- LED Lights are Environmentally Friendly- LED lighting leaves an extremely small carbon footprint. Because they use less energy than traditional lights LED lights reduce the demand on local power plants. They also contain no toxic elements like Fluorescent lighting does, and they are 100% recyclable.
- LED Lights are Low Maintenance- Since LED lighting does not use any light bulbs they require very little maintenance beyond the normal dusting when you clean your home.
- LED Lighting Is More Affordable Than You Think- Despite what most people think, LED lighting is more affordable than most people think. While the initial cost of these lights are slightly higher than traditional lighting options, the extra initial cost is more than made up for in the fact that your don’t have any light bulbs to purchase and LED lights can save on your energy bill.
Please keep in mind that LED lights over bed need to be installed by a professional licensed electrician since these lights needs to be hard wired directly into your 240 volt electric main. When you consider all of the benefits these lights have to offer then it is no wonder that more and more homes and hotels are turning to LED bedside lighting.