Flexible reading light – The bedroom is supposed to be a place of quiet, peace and relaxation. The light that you choose to fill the space should reflect that. While overhead lights are fine in a bedroom, they can be too bright when you’re trying to relax in bed. On the other hand, a lamp beside the bed on a table might not provide enough lighting. A bedside LED reading light fixture is a good solution to this problem.
What Is a Reading Light?
Reading lights are lights that are designed to shine a dedicated beam of light down instead of a general glow. Bedside LED reading lighting tends to be mounted either to the wall or the headboard. Often, they are flexible so that you can adjust exactly where the light will reach.
What Are the Different Types of Reading Lighting?
There are two main categories of adjustable LED reading light fixtures, flexible and fixed:
- FLEXIBLE READING LIGHT. A flexible reading light allows you to move an arm to shine the light in the way that best suits your needs. They tend to twist and turn so that you can position them in the perfect location.
- FIXED READING LIGHT. A fixed reading light is placed on the wall or headboard but does not have an arm. Instead, it has a spotlight-style design. The light can usually be adjusted a certain way but it won’t give you as many options as a flexible reading light.
How To Choose the Best LED Reading Light
- First, determine if you’d rather have a flexible or a fixed reading light. This may vary depending on the size of the bed or how much space you need to light.
- Much like you do with any other light fixture, you need to get a light that will outlast time. By choosing a light made of durable materials, you can prolong its life, saving time and money on replacements. One of the best materials is metal, and of the different types of metals, aluminium works well. It resists signs of wear and tear and is not susceptible to rust and corrosion like some other metals.
- Choose a finish that works well with the existing decor in your living space to ensure that the new light fixture fits in nicely. These lights often come in gold or silver tones as well as black. You can choose one that fits well into the decor or contrasts against it for some artistic style.
Bedroom reading lights can go a long way toward providing you with a comfortable space to relax. Incorporating a flexible reading light into your space can make relaxing in bed much more comfortable. In this article, we’ve examined some benefits of using an adjustable LED reading light. We’ve also provided you with a small buying guide that you can keep in mind when shopping for your next light. Browse our collection of flexible reading light fittings today to find the one that best suits your needs.