Bedside lights for reading – Your bedroom is meant to be a place of comfort and solace. Making it into a place you want to be is crucial to your enjoyment of it. One of the ways to do this is through furniture and decor, but the lighting in the space plays an equally as important role. When it comes to bedroom lighting, many people tend to just consider two types: ceiling lights and bedside lamps. There are other types of lights that serve more purposes than that.
Bedside lights for reading are one of them. Bedroom reading lights are designed to light up one small section of the room to give you just enough light to read and relax by. In so doing, it reduces strain on the eyes and will help you see what you’re doing without having to deal with abrasive overhead lighting.
Where Can You Use Bedside Lights for Reading?
LED reading lights serve a purpose both in hotel and domestic applications. These lights can make sharing a hotel room more comfortable; if one person is ready to sleep but the other is not, one can keep the light on without disturbing the other. The same can be said about these lights used in home bedroom environments.
These lights can be attached to the wall just above the bed or to the headboard. In this way, you can keep the light close to your book to make it easier to see. There are two main types of LED reading lights.
Types of LED Reading Lights
- Flexible lights have an arm that can be twisted and turned to suit your needs. You can shine the light directly onto your book by turning the arm of the lamp in the right direction.
- Unlike flexible lights, fixed lights don’t move that much. They typically have a spotlight style that shines a more general but still dedicated beam of light down on the bed.
How To Choose the Best Bedside Lights for Reading
- Consider whether you’d prefer to have a flexible or fixed light option.
- The finish of the light is important in terms of decor. Finishes often come in metallic colours or black. With these, you can easily find one that fits the overall look of your suite or home bedroom.
- To be sure the light will last a long time, you should make sure the lights are built from quality materials. The most common material is metal, especially aluminium. This material is known for its resistance to basic blemishes as well as any rust or corrosion.
- BULB COLOUR. Choosing a pleasant light colour is important due to the primary purpose of bedroom reading lights. A good light to look out for is one that has a 3000k warm white colour temperature. This is not only easy on the eyes but also is common in most homes.
No matter what kind of bedside lights for reading purposes you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it here. Browse our wall mounted LED reading light selection today.