Over mirror wall light – When putting on makeup to get ready in the morning or shaving after your shower, you spend a lot of time in the mirror. Often, there is inadequate lighting above the mirrors in your home. This could result in an inaccurate representation of how your face really looks. When you leave the house, you may notice a patchiness in your makeup or a strip of hair you didn’t see when shaving.
The best way to solve this issue is to have proper lighting along the mirror. This is true for both your bedroom and bathroom but especially the bedroom. Bedroom mirror lighting helps you get ready in the morning and properly see yourself to know what you look like as you dress for the day.
Where Can You Place an Over Mirror Wall Light?
Modern mirror lighting can be used on most mirrors, whether they are hanging over a vanity table or are instead placed above a long, floor-length standing mirror. Any mirror in the home that you spend a lot of time gazing into can benefit from an over mirror wall light.
Types of Bedroom Mirror Lighting
There are two main styles of bedroom mirror lighting: bar lights and spotlights:
- BAR STYLE. Bar style lights tend to have a more minimalistic appearance. They are sleek, long and thin and look especially good in industrial modern settings. These lights shine an even level of light across a space with no gaps in the illumination.
- SPOTLIGHT STYLE. Spotlight style lights have two or more spotlights that attach to a bar and shine down on the mirror. These are reminiscent of the old bulb-style vanity lighting that has been given a modern update. They come in different styles to choose from, so there is a diverse choice waiting for you.
How To Choose the Best Over Mirror Wall Light
- First, determine whether or not you want a bar or spotlight fixture. Both of them are modern, but one is more decorative than the other. It will depend on how much you want to use the lights as decoration, or if you’re more concerned with illumination than anything else.
- Much like with any other light, you want to be sure these bedroom mirror lights are going to last you for some time. Choosing lights that are primarily made out of metal will help you towards that end. Aluminium is one of the best metals for the job, as it is naturally resistant to rust and corrosion. It will also resist wear and tear over time.
- Finishes for this type of usually come in either black or chrome. Both of them are neutral enough to fit into any style of decor space. It comes down to your personal preference.
Having an over mirror light can go a long way toward enhancing the look and the functionality of your bedroom. In this article, we’ve detailed the features of mirror lights. We have also provided you with a short buying guide to make shopping simpler.