Low profile LED downlights – Recessed lighting is a popular choice for home and business owners alike. Low-profile downlights like these offer a sleek, modern appearance that can elevate the overall look and feel of a space. With recessed downlights, you are free to place them wherever you like and in any kind of configuration, giving you more freedom over the artistic potential these lights pose.
Where can you use recessed downlights?
Recessed lighting is versatile in that it can be used in many different applications, both in commercial and domestic locations. A few examples:
- lighting in retail settings
- lighting above reception desks in a hotel
- domestic kitchen lighting
- hallway lighting
What makes low-profile downlights different?
Unfortunately, not every ceiling has enough depth for recessed downlights, leaving no choice but to use ceiling mounted or pendant lights instead. For some others, their ceiling has enough room for smaller downlights but cannot handle the bulkiness of a standard-sized light. Slim LED downlights provide the opportunity for those with smaller ceilings to still enjoy the beauty of downlights. Thin downlights fit easily into most ceilings, removing the roadblock that many people face when it comes to ceiling lighting.
How To Choose the Best Low Profile Downlights
- Because you are aware of the amount of room you have to work with when choosing low profile LED downlights for your particular ceiling dimensions, the size is important. With options such as downlights with a measurement of 22 millimeters in depth, you can more easily work them into ceilings of most dimensions.
- APPEARANCE AND FINISH. Though low profile LED downlights are slim, there will be parts of the light that are visible. You can use this opportunity to contrast the lights against the existing decor style for an artistic touch, or instead choose finishes that match up with the colours. Finishes tend to come in metallic hues like gold, chrome or rose gold, as well as neutral colours like black and white.
- To prevent you from having to constantly update and replace the lights, choose ones built from durable materials. Of the available metals, aluminium and steel tend to be the most reliable options. These metals don’t easily show signs of wear or tear, nor do they rust.
- Since the main purpose of a light is illumination, choose low profile LED downlights that are adequate and pleasant on the eyes. A warm white 3000k colour temperature has both of these traits while also being common enough that they blend right in with any existing light colours in the space.
Recessed downlights are a popular type of ceiling light that anyone with a modern space would love to have. Since some ceilings are not equipped for the bulk of a standard downlight, slim LED downlights provide an opportunity to work around this issue. In this article, we looked at a few uses for recessed lighting. We also provided a brief buying guide that will help you determine which low-profile recessed lights are best for you. Keep the article handy when shopping for your new thin downlights.