LED spotlights are becoming more and more popular across the UK. These recessed downlights were once only found in the homes or businesses of the very rich, but now thanks to these LED spotlights becoming more affordable they can be found in businesses and home all across the UK.
LED spotlights also called LED downlights are found in home kitchens and even in basements and bathrooms.
They are also found in a variety of businesses from conference rooms, offices, hotel lobbies, Hospital lobbies, and even banquet halls. Recessed downlights have the light fixtures mounted up into the ceiling void so that only the light and light cover is visible when you look up at the ceiling. This gives the ceiling a cleaner look that blends well with all types of decors.
In addition, LED spots are great for general lighting as they can provide adequate ambient lighting for the entire room. Best of all, you can choose the number of lights you need to light any size of room.
LED spotlights are not only attractive, but they are also convenient and offer a number of benefits that more traditional lighting may not be able to offer. These benefits include:
- Long Lasting- LED spotlights are made using the very latest in LED technology, which means that these lights can provide light for 20,000, 50,000 or 70,000 hours of light or more before they need to be changed. This means that these LED lights lasts between 10,000 and 20,000 longer at a minimum than incandescent lights and several times longer than fluorescent lighting does. This means that once these lights are installed they can provide you with several years of lighting.
- Uses Less Energy- LED downlights also uses less energy than more traditional lighting options uses. Many of these lights use only between 20% and 50% of the energy, which results in lower energy bills as well as reducing the demand on local energy companies. The more LED downlights you have the more energy you will save.
- Low Maintenance- LED recessed downlights require no light bulbs, so there are no light bulbs that need to be changed. Considering that these lights are mounted into the ceiling, you won’t have to constantly be climbing up and down ladders in order to change light bulbs, which means that using LED downlights will save you a lot of time and effort.
- Affordable – LED recessed downlights are highly affordable. Sure these lights initially costs a little more than most traditional lighting, but when you consider that these lights use far less energy than traditional lights and do not require light bulbs they actually turn out to be less expensive in the long run than most lights.
- 100% Recyclable- LED spotlights are 100% recyclable, which means not one element of these lights will end up in a landfill.
Please make sure that you have your LED recessed downlights installed by a licensed electrician since these lights need to be directly wired into 240 electric main.