Downlight ceiling lights also known as Downlighters or LED spotlights are extremely popular in homes and businesses across the UK and around the world. Downlighters LED lights can be either recessed or surface mounted. These lights are mainly used for general lighting of large areas such as hotel lobbies, conference rooms, kitchens, and even dining rooms. Here is a look at the two different types of LED downlights and their benefits.
Recessed LED Spotlights
Recessed LED downlight ceiling lights have the fixtures for the lights fitted up into the ceiling so that only the light itself and a frame (or bevel) around the light shows on the ceilings surface. Recessed ceiling lights sit flush with the ceiling leaving the ceiling looking clean and neat.
Since recessed lighting requires holes to cut into the ceiling of the building for the light fixtures these lights are often placed into new builds and renovations. But, they can be installed in most homes and businesses with a little effort.
Surface LED Ceiling Downlights
Surface LED ceiling downlights sit on the surface of the ceiling with the entire light fixture showing. With this type of Downlight there is no need to cut holes in the ceiling. These lights are often used in basements or when someone wants downlights without cutting holes in the ceiling. Some people also like the way the fixtures look and how it adds to their décor.
Downlighters LED Benefits
There are several benefits to LED downlighters. Some of these benefits include:
- Long Lasting- LED downlights are extremely long-lasting with these lights often providing anyone from 20,000 to 70,000 or more of lighting. This means when these lights are used 8 hours or less a day they can last for several years making them ideal to use as ceiling lights.
- Energy Efficient- Downlighters LED are highly energy efficient. These lights only use about 50% of the energy that more traditional lighting options do. In addition, since LED lights focus the light directly where you need it focused rather than focusing all around you may need fewer LED downlights than you will with traditional lighting choices.
- LED Lighting Is Well Made- LED spotlights are well made since they use only high quality materials and the latest in LED technology.
- Free of Toxic Substances- Unlike fluorescent lighting that contains mercury. LED lighting contains no toxic substances.
- Small Carbon Footprint- LED lighting have a small carbon footprint. Not only does their energy efficiency result in reducing the load on your local energy company, they also do not give off excess heat as waste so they don’t contribute to global warming. LED lighting also has no light bulbs to change so they don’t add waste to local landfills and they are also 100% recyclable.
Downlighters using LED technology can give you years of reliable maintenance free lighting that is ultra modern and attractive. These downlights are just one more way you can provide your home or business with the lighting you want and need. However, you need to have LED lighting installed by a licensed electrician.