Your kitchen is one of the most commonly used rooms in the home. Whether you are in there in the morning preparing for your day or cooking a meal for your guests, the kitchen gets more use than you likely realize. Because of all of the traffic in the room, having proper lighting is paramount. When considering the type of lights for a kitchen, people often focus the most on the ceiling lights. There are other ways to light up your kitchen to give it plenty of personality, and one of the best ways to do this is to incorporate kitchen kickplate lights.
What Are Plinth Lights?
Otherwise known as kickboard lights, plinth lights light up the lower level of your kitchen. They bring the light from top to bottom by lighting up space that otherwise often goes neglected. This type of light can serve many purposes and be arranged in just as many styles, letting you get more creative with your kitchen lighting.
Where Can You Install Plinth Lights?
Kitchen kickplate lights are meant to line the bottom of various structures and appliance cabinets in the kitchen. Their placement in inconspicuous locations like this gives off a more sophisticated, elegant vibe. These zones include:
- the kickplate running along the bottom perimeter of the kitchen island
- the area beneath your cabinets
- the area running underneath your appliances, such as the dishwasher
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Kickplate Lights
Much like with any other light fixtures in the home, there are many options for you to choose from. Depending on your needs or the style of your room, you can choose the right lights to suit the space. Consider the following features of the light before you choose.
- Plinth lights are typically recessed into the cabinet or furniture, so only the top portion is visible. This creates a modern effect that can be enhanced by the finish you choose. Plinth lights usually come in finishes such as yellow gold, rose gold, silver or black. With these options, it becomes easier than ever to install the ones that fit into the existing appearance of the space. You could also choose lights that create a contrast against the existing colour scheme for a more noticeable artistic appearance.
- You want lights that will last as long as possible. Choosing lights manufactured out of premium material such as aluminium will give you peace of mind over their durability. In this way, you won’t have to worry about the need to constantly update them or replacing them altogether.
Kitchen kickplate lights can do wonders for the overall atmosphere and appearance of your room in a way that many might not consider. In this article, we’ve taken a look at the benefits of such lights for your consideration. We’ve also given a quick rundown of the two most important aspects of a kickplate light to consider. Using this information, you can make the best decision when it comes to bringing home your own plinth lights and making your kitchen stand out.