Modern home lighting has changed a good deal in the last decade or so. Wall uplights have been gaining popularity as an interior wall lighting option. Uplights is a type of accent lighting that is normally used to highlight specific features in your home.
What is a Wall Uplight?
A wall uplight is a light that focuses the beam of light up the wall rather that just providing an all around glow or focuses the light downward. These lights may be use to highlight paintings or other wall décor from below. They may also be used to wash a wall to make a room look lighter and brighter.
Wall uplights can add drama to a dining room and be used to create a romantic atmosphere for those special occasions. This type of interior wall lighting can be used in any room in your home and can be mixed with other type of lighting to create layered lighting.
Wall uplights can come in a variety of different sizes and styles so it is fairly easy to find one that meets your needs.
LED wall uplights have become an increasingly form of modern home lighting since these lights offer a number of benefits that more traditional lighting options simply can’t offer.
Benefits of Using LED Wall Uplights
- LED Lighting is Long-Lasting-LED wall uplights are extremely long lasting with these lights capable of providing anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 hours of light depending on the specific light and the manufacturer. The fact that these lights last so long can offer you years of lighting before they need to be changed.
- LED Interior Wall Lighting is Energy Efficient- LED lighting uses only a fraction of the energy that more traditional lighting uses. By using less energy these lights reduces the demand on utility companies and can save you money on your own utility bill.
- LED Modern Home Lighting Uses the Latest LED Technology- Since these lights use the latest in LED technology these lights are normally well made and highly functional. It also means that you get the benefits of these high functioning lights and the price of these lights.
- LED Lighting Contains No Toxic Elements- Unlike other types of lighting like fluorescent lighting, which contains mercury LED lighting contains absolutely no toxic elements. These lights also do not give off UV rays.
- LED Interior Wall Lighting Does Not Give Off Excess Heat- More traditional lighting options tend to give off heat as waste. LED lighting does not waste energy so they do not give off excess heat, which means that LED lighting does not add to global warming.
- LED Lighting is Environmentally Friendly- LED lighting is more environmentally friendly than traditional lighting options since they are more energy efficient, does not give off excess heat and is 100% recyclable.
You do need to be aware that LED lighting needs to be hard wired into your 240 volt electric main and therefore installation of this light should be done by a professional licensed electrician.