Stairway wall sconce – Lighting plays a huge role in any space. Whether you are using it only for illumination to see more clearly, as decoration or as a safety measure, taking the time to choose the right light will benefit you in the future. Staircase lighting is one of the most crucial types of light as it is there primarily for the safety of those walking on them. For this reason, extra care should be used when selecting these lights.
A stairway wall sconce is an easy way for you to make the staircase a safer one. Even though its primary purpose is to provide illumination for safe walking, the style also comes into play. Anyone walking by the lights will likely notice them, and if you’re a business, it could make an impression on them. Fortunately, there is a wide variety of lights that you can choose from to suit your outdoor space or your interior design when lighting a stairwell.
Types of Stairway Wall Sconce
- STAIRWAY WALL SCONCE. A stairway wall sconce functions and looks similar to any other type of sconce lighting. It attaches to the wall and is exposed with a shape and finish that makes it stand out and helps it decorate the space. This type of staircase lighting is also as diverse as any other kind of sconce lighting in that there are many types to choose from.
- RECESSED STEP LIGHTING. Recessed step lights are good for those who prefer a more minimalistic approach to their lights. As the name suggests, recessed lighting is recessed into the wall. In this way, only the light and its beam are visible, but not the fixture.
How To Choose New Staircase Lighting
- Decide whether you want to use a stairway wall sconce or recessed step lighting first and foremost. Recessed step lights tend to be better for putting on the actual steps but can also be used to show the path on landings and before the stairs start. These are good for minimalistic places where the appearance of the light isn’t necessarily as important as the illumination.
- On the other hand, sconce lighting puts as much emphasis on the style of the light as it does the illumination. Choosing a wall sconce light will give you the chance to decorate the space at the same time you’re illuminating it.
- Whether staircase lighting is for an interior or exterior staircase, you want to make sure the fixtures are durable enough to outlast many years to come. This will save you plenty of time and effort. It is recommended that you choose lights manufactured out of aluminium for this purpose.
- Deciding on the right finish will go a long way toward the appearance of your staircase. Finishes typically come in metallic colours, so you can choose one that will be neutral enough for any space.
Regardless of whether you want to light indoor or outdoor spaces, we can help. We offer a wide variety of recessed step lighting and sconce stair lighting to give you many options to choose from.