If you are looking for stair lights for indoor stairs then you may want to consider recessed step lights for your staircase. Stair tread lights are recessed lights that may be placed at low levels on the wall next to your individual steps to provide lighting for each step. You can also choose stair tread lighting placing the stair lights in the front of each step so that the lights light the step below the light.
Stair Lights Indoor Uses
Stair lights have a couple of different uses for indoor staircases. These lights may be used to highlight the architecture of a well-built and interesting stairway allowing you to show off this special feature of your home or business.
Recessed step lights may also be used to add a touch of sophistication or drama to your indoor décor. Stair tread lights also provides a margin of safety for people going up and down staircase cases that may be in a less lighted area of the home.
LED Stair tread lights offer anyone who wants stair lights for their indoor staircase several benefits other types of lighting simply can’t provide. These benefits include:
- Lower energy bill costs- LED recessed step lights are exceptionally energy efficient, using only between 20% and 50% of the energy of more traditional lighting options. This energy savings not only reduces your energy bill, but also reduces the demand on the your local energy company as well.
- Little or no Maintenance- LED lights do not use light bulbs therefore there is little maintenance require to keep these lights lighting up your stairway. In addition, since stair lights are placed at low levels on your wall or the front of stairs you are spared the inconvenience of having to kneel or even lay down in order to constantly change a light bulb every time one goes out.
- Long Lasting- LED stair lights (indoor lighting) are designed to provide anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 or more hours of light, which means that these lights last years before they ever need to be changed. Once these lights are wired into your home you can forget all about them for long periods of time.
- No Excesses heat- Unlike those more traditional lighting options that give off heat as waste, LED lights do not give off excess heat. This means that should walk up or down your staircase in your bare feet your carpeting or wood stairs will not feel hot on the bottom of your feet. In addition because LED lights do give off any UV rays, these lights will not fade your carpeting on your staircase.
- Affordable- LED lighting is affordable only costing slightly more initially than those traditional lights and saving in money in the long run by their energy efficiency.
You do have to understand that these lights need to be hardwired into your 110/240 electric main and therefore the wiring of these lights needs to be done by a qualified electrician.