Whether you have a residence or a commercial business having outside ground lights can provide safety, night time usability and curb appeal of your property. Recessed ground lights can provide those benefits while being almost totally unnoticeable during the daylight hours so that your yard and garden looks clutter free.
What Are Recessed Ground Lights?
Recessed ground lights are lights that have their fixtures recessed (buried) into the ground, so only the light’s covering is above ground, but is level with the ground. These outside ground lights can also be placed in gravel or the flooring of gazebos or patios. These lights direct the light beam upwards and work well for highlighting statues, plants including bushes and trees, and for lighting walkways and even flower borders and beds.
When used in the floor of a patio or gazebo outside ground lights can provide general lighting for entertaining.
LED ground lights are now considered the best recessed ground lights to have for a variety of reasons. These reasons include:
- Durability- LED lights are extremely durable, they are able to withstand colder temperatures than more traditional lighting options, which means they will continue to light your way even in colder weather. LED lights are also made from high grade materials, so they can withstand being walked over better than many other types of lighting.
- Long-Lasting- LED recessed ground lights are long-lasting providing 20,000, 50,000 or more hours of maintenance free lighting. Considering that these lights are set into the ground, the fact that you don’t need to change the light for years saves you or your grounds keeper a lot of time and effort.
- Energy Efficient- LED lighting is exceptionally energy efficient costing less to operate than more traditional lighting. This means that you can save more money on your energy bill. The more LED lights you have the more money you save.
- LED Lights Contain No Toxic Elements- LED lighting does not contain any toxic elements the same cannot be said for more traditional lighting options. For example, Fluorescent lighting contains mercury so if your recessed lights breaks that mercury goes into the ground.
- LED Lighting is Environmentally Friendly- LED lighting is environmentally friendly. This lighting is energy efficient, which means that they reduce the demand on energy companies, They use no light bulbs so there is nothing to dispose of, They contain no toxic substances nor do they give off any excess heat to add to global warming. In addition, these lights are 100% recyclable.
- Affordable- LED ground lights are affordable. These lights do initially cost a little more than those traditional lighting choices, but that initial cost is more than made up for by what you save you on energy costs and not having to buy replacing light bulbs.
LED lights do need to be wired directly into your 240 volt electric main so it is recommended that you have your lights installed by a professional licensed electrician.