Outdoor lighting comes in a variety of different forms and serves a variety of different purposes. Garden post lights or outdoor LED spike lights make a great addition to your outdoor lighting as these versatile little lights can be used just about anywhere in your yard or garden to light up those areas that you want to highlight once the sun goes down. Here are just some of ways that garden post lights can be used.
Provide Lighting For Your Walkway
Placing outdoor LED spike lights in the flower border lining your walkway will provide lighting that allows people coming to your home or business after darkness to make their way to your door safely since they will be able to see any obstacles in their way. Walkway lighting not only makes your home safer, but also adds curb appeal to your home or business.
Highlighting Your Statuary
If you have spent good money on that attractive garden statuary, then you are going to want that statuary to be seen. Using spike lights to light up your statuary at night can draw plenty of attention to your garden statutes highlighting them in a very flattering way.
Spike lights can also be used to light trees and bushes from the bottom up letting the light shine upwards through the leaves.
Highlighting Your Water Features
Whether you have fountain, a pond or simply a bird bath outdoor spike lights can light up your water feature and show them off at their very best. In addition, in the case of bird baths and ponds, lighting up your water feature can also allow you to view any night time wild life that visits that water feature.
Why Choose LED Spike Lights
You may be wondering why any one would choose LED spike lights over other types of lighting and as it turns out there are several reasons why people do so. Here are just a few of the benefits of LED outdoor lighting.
- Durable- LED lighting is extremely durable since LED lights can withstand colder temperatures than more traditional lighting, making the ideal choice for outdoor lighting.
- Long-Lasting- LED lighting is long-lasting with some of these lights lasting several years before they need changing.
- Energy Efficient- LED outdoor lighting is energy efficient, with LED lights using only about 50% of energy that more traditional lights normally use. This can result in significant savings on your energy bill.
- Environmentally Friendly- LED lights are extremely environmentally friendly since these lights save energy reducing the demand on local energy facilities. They also do not produce excess heat which can add to global warning. LED lighting also contains no toxic elements and are 100% recyclable.
- Affordable- Outdoor LED spikes lights are affordable. While these lights initially cost a few pounds more than those other more traditional types of lighting. However, due to the energy efficiency of these lights and the facts that are no light bulbs to change these lights more than make up for the slightly higher initial cost.
LED spike lights need to be hard wired into your electric main so make sure that installation of these lights are completed by a licensed electrician.