Many people spend a great deal of time working on their yard and garden and they want to show it off to it’s best advantage. Garden spotlights for your outdoor décor can help you to achieve that goal and turn your ordinary yard and garden into something extraordinary.
Garden spotlights also called spike lights can be placed into the ground with the light focused on those areas of interest that you want to highlight. You can place them around that built into the ground pond to highlight interesting plants and even those night time visitors.
Garden spotlights can also be placed along a walkway to provide safety and highlight those lovely plants bordering your walk. Placed near your home they can show off interesting features of the exterior of your house, like beautiful stone or brick work.
Spike lights are a handy form of outdoor lighting can that can be used in a variety of ways. These lights are easy to use since the spikes allow you to place them into grass or soft ground. In addition, you can move them from place to allow allowing your highlight different features of your yard or garden at different times.
Garden spike lights do need to be connected to your 240 volt electric main by a professional licensed electrician.
What Type of Spike Lights Are Best
LED garden spotlights are growing in popularity mainly because these lights provide benefits that other more traditional types of lighting simply can’t offer. These benefits include:
- LED outdoor lighting uses less energy than more traditional types of lighting. These lights are 80% more efficient than other types of lighting saving you money on your energy bill.
- LED spike lights are long lasting with these lights providing between 20,000 and 50,000 hours of light (depending on the brand of light). At a minimum LED lights last 6 times longer than more traditional lighting options.
- LED outdoor lighting is more durable than traditional lighting as well. Because these lights can continue at function at lower temperatures than traditional lighting they are better suited for outdoor use.
- LED spotlights are low maintenance. Since LED lights do not use any light bulbs they are extremely easy to maintain.
- LED lights are environmentally friendly. Not only do they use less energy than traditional lighting options reducing the demand on power plants. They also do give off excess heat, which can add to global warming and LED lights are 100% recyclable so they won’t add to the waste filling up landfills.
Whether you are looking to create a small lit oasis the middle of your garden, light up your outdoor dining area or want to show off a formal garden to its best LED garden spotlights can help you to achieve that goal.
In addition, lighting up the outside area of your home in any manner can help keep burglars and vandals at bay.