Outdoor garden lights is simply a different name for exterior lighting that can be found at many business and home sites around the UK. These lights come in a variety of different styles including bollard lights, spike lights, soffit lighting and garden wall lighting.
Although garden wall lighting can certainly be used in a garden, providing you have a wall to attach the light too, these types of outdoor garden light are most often used close to the house around the doorways of your home or business or near the doors of some of the outbuildings on your property. These lights are also used to light decks and patios as well.
Why Use Outdoor Garden Lights
There are a number of different reasons why people choose garden wall lights for their home or business. Here are just a few of the different reasons why this type of outdoor garden lights are so popular.
- When used on a deck or patio outdoor wall mounted garden lights can provide light so that you can use your deck or patio during the evening hours allowing you to get more use out of your outdoor living spaces.
- Placing garden wall lights near your entrance doors provides a warm welcome to visitors and allows you to see better to unlock your doors will arriving home after dark.
- Outdoor lights mounted on the exterior walls of your home also provides an extra margin safety since burglars prefer to target homes or businesses have dark exteriors so that they can inside the building without being seen. Having a light near your door will make them think twice about entering your building.
Why LED Outdoor Garden Lights
When choosing wall mounted exterior lighting more and more people are finding that LED outdoor garden lights are the best choice for a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- LED lights are more durable- These lights can withstand lower temperatures than more traditional lighting options, which makes these lights much more dependable as outside lighting since they are less likely to malfunction when the temperatures drop.
- LED lights are energy efficient- Since LED lighting only uses a fraction of the energy that more traditional lighting needs, these lights will save you money on your energy bill while at the same time reducing the demand on local energy companies.
- LED outdoor garden lights are long lasting. LED garden lights can last 20,000, 50,000 hours or more before they ever need to be changed. This means that your garden lights can last for years with very little if any maintenance.
- LED outdoor garden lights are affordable- while these lights cost a few dollars more initially than traditional lighting options, over time they save you money due to their energy efficiency, the fact they don’t need maintenance, and the fact that there are no light bulbs to buy.
Do keep in mind that LED garden wall lights do need to be hard wired into your electric main by a qualified electrician.