Modern outside lights – Your outdoor space deserves to be every bit as well-lit as the inside of your home. Whether you spend a lot of time outdoors entertaining or not, proper lighting can make your guests feel safer and more at home. It can also make it easier to navigate your outdoor spaces. There are many different types of garden lighting and outdoor lighting for you to choose from to make your space one of a kind.
Types of Outdoor Lighting
Of the different types of modern outside lights, there are a few styles of modern outside lights that are more common than others. These include garden spike lights, bollard lights and wall lights.
– GARDEN SPIKE LIGHTS. Garden spike lights get their name from the fact that they are usually positioned on a post. These lights can vary in height from short and stout to tall and towering depending on the type you choose. This type of light can be used to line different areas of the outdoor space, from the driveway and walkways to garden paths. They can also be used to highlight certain features in the garden, such as bushes or statues.
– BOLLARD LIGHTS. Bollard lights are most effective when it comes to distributing light evenly thanks to the shape and height of the posts. They are good for illuminating any shadowy paths that lead the way to your home, driveway, garden, swimming pool area and more. They can be placed on either side of paths to make it easier to see where one is walking.
– WALL LIGHTS. Wall lights can help illuminate the actual wall of your home or business. They can be attached to the wall or recessed into it to provide light. These lights offer the chance for artistic detailing as well thanks to the option for wall washing lights. Wall washing lights send light up and down or side to side from the light to “wash” the walls in illumination.
How To Choose the Best Modern Outside Lights
– TYPE. Before anything else, decide the type of lighting you prefer. You can choose from the above items depending on what your space might need.
– STYLE. After determining which type of light best suits you, you can then decide on its appearance. When it comes to wall lights especially, there is a huge number of options for you to choose from, so you can take control over the appearance of your space.
– MATERIAL. Since these lights will be outdoors, having them built from premium materials will help them last for longer. One of the most common choices for this type of light is aluminium. It is resistant to damage and doesn’t easily show signs of wear and tear.
– IP RATING. Due to the moisture exposure outdoors, paying attention to the IP rating is crucial. You’ll want a modern outside lights that are rated waterproof or at least water-resistant depending on the weather in your particular area.
Browse our collection of modern outside lights today while keeping our buying guide in mind.