Modern outdoor wall lighting – Your outdoor space is one whose details and illumination should be chosen as carefully as you do your interior lights. This is especially true if you spend a lot of time in your garden. Garden lighting serves a number of purposes outside of simple illumination to make the area easier to navigate. Garden lighting is also capable of adding personality to the space. You can take the opportunity to use garden lighting as decorative outdoor lighting to make your space feel homier and inviting.
Modern outdoor wall lighting is one of the best ways to accomplish this. As is usually the case, modern lighting is typically every bit as artistic as it is practical. With this in mind, you can choose lights that stand out and add personality while also bringing proper illumination.
Styles of Modern Outdoor Wall Lighting
- WALL WASHING. This type of decorative outdoor lighting attaches to the wall and shines light not just forward but also up and down. This creates a wall-washing effect that makes the space eye-catching and unique by lighting up the wall above and below the fixture.
- SPIKE LIGHTS. If you want to make a bold statement with your lights, you can opt for spike lighting. As its name suggests, this type of lighting often features bars and points to give it a more dynamic appearance.
- WALL-MOUNTED LIGHTS. Because of their minimalistic design, wall-mounted lights make for perfect modern outdoor wall lighting. You can choose wall-mounted lights that come with either a halo glow or without one to suit your tastes. You can also choose one that is either circular or square to better suit the aesthetics of your home’s exterior.
How to choose the best modern outdoor wall lighting:
- Begin by considering the above styles of lights and deciding which one is best for your space in particular. Once you have decided on a style, you can get specific with its other details.
- One of the things that plays into the style of a light is the finish of the fixture. Light fixtures commonly come in shades like black, white and silver, all of which are neutral enough to work in any setting. These finishes can be chosen to fit in with the existing decor style or used to contrast against it for an even more modern effect.
- Having a durable light that can outlast effects from the elements is important since they are outside. Typically, one of the best options will be metal such as resilient aluminum.
- IP RATING. Because they are outdoors and therefore exposed to precipitation and humidity, IP ratings are important. Look for ones that are water-resistant at least but waterproof at best. This is especially important if they are not positioned under awnings.
Using modern outdoor wall lighting as decorative outdoor lighting is a quick way to update the appearance of your space. With our selection, finding new garden lighting is easier than ever before. Shop our collection today.