LED bathroom wall sconces – Back in the days before indoor plumbing if you had any bathroom lighting it was usually a lantern one carried to the outhouse with them, or else if you were richer and more elegant a wall sconce with a candle that you lit when you entered the outhouse or a torch you placed in a holder. Since that time with the invention of electricity bathroom lighting in general and bathroom wall lights in particular have come a long way. Today bathroom wall sconces can look elegant and be modern and trendy and provide you with just the right amount of lighting you need.
What are LED Bathroom Wall Sconces
No more does the term wall sconce refer to those wall mounted holders for candles (though they are still around) nor does it mean those thin wall lights that are made to resemble candles or small torches (though those are still around too). Today the term wall sconce means any light that is fixed to the wall and uses only the wall for support. This means that wall sconces can come in all shapes, sizes and type with the newest type of these lights being LED bathroom wall sconces.
What’s All the Fuss About LED Bathroom Wall Sconces?
There seems to be a lot of talk about LED lighting in general and LED bathroom wall sconces particular in the last few years and you may be wondering what all of the fuss is about when it comes to this types of lighting. Well the truth is that when it comes to LED Bathroom Wall Sconces there just happens to be a lot to fuss about including:
- LED bathroom lighting uses the very latest technology so this type of lighting is perfect for those with ultra modern homes and those people who embrace the very latest in technology.
- LED bathroom wall sconces come in wide variety of styles so they are perfect for almost every décor.
- LED bathroom lighting is extremely energy efficient using only between 20% and 50% of the electricity used by other more traditional types of lighting. This means that LED lighting is more economical for you and can overtime save you money on your electric bill.
- LED bathroom wall lights are long-lasting. Depending on the particular light that you choose a LED light can last your anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 hours before they need to be changed. Can you imagine your fluorescent or incandescent lights lasting that long?
- LED Bathroom wall lights are maintenance free. You simply have them installed and they will work for years without needing any maintenance except for the occasional dusting.
- LED bathroom wall scones are environmentally friendly. These lights are energy efficient reducing the demand on power plants, they give off no excess heat like other types of lighting so they don’t contribute to global warming and they are 100% recyclable.
You do want to make sure that you have a qualified electrician install your LED bathroom wall sconces for you since they do need to wired right into your 240 volt electric main.