Chrome bathroom wall lights – Your bathroom is a place where you spend more time than you might realize. Between showering and bathing; getting ready for work; getting changed into pyjamas; and doing your skincare, the bathroom is home to many important daily functions. Because you spend so much time in the bathroom, it should be as well-lit as the rest of your house.
When it comes to choosing lights for the bathroom, there are many different types to choose from. Wall lighting is one of the most beneficial and stylish, yet overlooked types of bathroom lighting. Fixtures like chrome bathroom wall lights are a great way to add illumination and personality to the space. There are many different styles of wall bathroom lighting for you to choose from to accomplish this. However, before you do, you should understand the lighting zones in the bathroom to ensure you are choosing safely.
What Are Bathroom Lighting Zones?
Bathroom lighting zones are crucial to take into account and are as follows:
- ZONE 0. This zone includes lights that will be fully submerged in water, including areas such as wet room floors or in a bath. In these areas, you need IP67 rated lights.
- ZONE 1. Lights here will be positioned right above the shower or bath and will also require a rating of IP67.
- ZONE 2. Zone 2 is arguably the most common area for bathroom lighting in domestic bathrooms. It usually covers the border of the zone 1 area as well as around the sink. Lights in this zone usually need an IP44 rating.
- ZONE 3. This zone includes areas outside of the mentioned spaces above where no jet water can be sprayed. While there are no special types of LED bathroom lights that can be used here, it is recommended they have a minimum of an IP20 rating.
How to Choose the Best Bathroom Lighting for Walls
Once you have determined the zones in which you intend to place your lights, you can then start thinking about aesthetics.
- IP RATING AND ZONE. It is best to be sure that the lights you are considering fit into the right lighting zones and then go from there. Check the listed IP ratings in the descriptions of the lights and then go from there.
- There are various styles you can choose from, including everything from chrome bathroom wall lights to black and white ones; from rounded lights to circular lights.
- In the same vein, you can also choose lights based on finish. Choosing the right finish can help you create a contrasting look or one that blends right in with the rest of the decor in the space.
- As with any other light, you want a light that is going to outlast many years to come. Choosing a light manufactured out of metal is your best bet.a
No matter what sort of bathroom lighting you’re looking into, you’re sure to find the best one for you in our collection. Shop our lights today.