Bathroom wall lighting – Your bathroom is a room where you likely spend far more time than you realize. With getting ready for work, getting ready for bed, showering and other activities, the time spent in the bath really adds up. For this reason, having proper lighting is just as important here as it is anywhere else in the house. Bathroom wall lighting is an easy way to ensure plenty of illumination throughout the space.
There are many different types of LED bathroom wall lighting options. With varieties that allow you to create a modern, visually interesting space, you can tailor the bath to your taste with ease. Whichever lights you choose, modern bathroom wall lighting has to be installed according to the proper zones in the bathroom. Because there is moisture in the bathroom, it’s important to pay attention to these zones and get the proper IP rated lights.
What Are the Lighting Zones in the Bathroom?
Different areas of the bathroom require different IP ratings to resist moisture damage:
- ZONE 0. If there are Zone 0 lights in the bath, they are most likely to be fully submerged in water or installed in a wet room floor. These locations require IP67 rated light fixtures to ensure safety.
- ZONE 1. In this zone are the lights that are placed right above the shower or bath. These lights are directly exposed to large amounts of steam and moisture, so they will also need IP67 rated light fixtures for the sake of safety.
- ZONE 2. Zone 2 is considered to be the most common area for bathroom lighting in a home. This type of light covers the perimeter around the zone 1 location, as well as the radius of the sink. This type of lighting needs IP44 rated fixtures.
- ZONE 3. This zone falls anywhere outside of the mentioned locations in places that cannot be reached by jet water. While there is no special lighting that is needed for this area, it is recommended you choose a light with a minimum rating of IP20.
How To Choose the Best Modern Bathroom Wall Lights
- IP RATING. Before anything else, you should make sure the bathroom wall lighting that catches your interest has the proper IP rating for the area you intend to place them.
- After confirming the IP rating of the lights, you can focus on the style and be sure it fits your taste and the bathroom’s aesthetic.
- The material of the light is just as important as the finish. Choosing lights fabricated out of durable materials such as aluminium or steel are your best bet.
When searching for your new bathroom wall lighting, pay attention to the zones of the bathroom and their unique needs. Then, you can focus on other details of the bathroom wall light, such as the material and the finish. In this article, we’ve explained the various zones in the bathroom and provided a brief buying guide to help you find the best lights for your home.